Edit /etc/group and make sure you're in the dip and diallout groups.
You might try pppconfig to set up your modem and diallup and pon (in an xterm) to connect, poff to disconnect.
I ran knoppix (3.4) off the live cd and had set up my net connection with wvdial and it works great.
However, after installing to the harddrive via knx-hdinstall script... now I start the net using wvdial, and it connects per usual and the console outputs the same and assigns the connection a pid. It stays connected great, PPPstatus reports the connection working, sending a packet to keep it alive and recieving a response but when I attempt to use any internet based applications such as gaim or mozilla, nothing. It's as if it wasn't connected, although the connection is alive.
It works great if I run it off the CD though.
Anyone have any ideas? Is it possibly a configuartion I need to look into?
Thanks,
Louis
Edit /etc/group and make sure you're in the dip and diallout groups.
You might try pppconfig to set up your modem and diallup and pon (in an xterm) to connect, poff to disconnect.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Nasuni NF-50 Supermicro Server, Atom CPU C2558, @ 2.40GHz, 8GB RAM-No HDD/OS/AC
$187.50
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99