-
using knoppix for forensic (serious question)
Hello;
Any assistance will be appreciated.
I have knoppix running from a cd. I'd like to image a IDE hd. I have 2 hds in the system. the one I want to image and a blank one. I'm a bit familiar with the dd utility to image a drive but I need a little hand holding.
If the drive is say a 40 gig hd and i know that only about 6 gigs are used can I image the drive to a blank hd of 10 gig? If so what are the step - commands etc.
will the dd tool also image deleted files and slack space?
Once I've created an image using the dd tool on the target drive I want to perform some tests (i.e. like recover deleted files - I have a tool to do this and intent to use Win2K with this tool against the imaged drive.) What do I have to do to make or unimage the hd or can I just perform the dd image from one drive to another?
I'm getting a bit lost now. But if there is a good url with this information (step by step) I'd be most appreciative. Otherwise someone with a bit of patience would help.
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By Shopro in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 09:12 PM
-
By boris90210 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-20-2004, 08:50 AM
-
By redss in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 06:42 AM
-
By mark1221 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM
-
By reecegeorge in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM SYSTEM X3550 M5 5463AC1 2.5x8 Server 2*XEON E5-2640 V3 8GB SEE NOTES
$85.99

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99

IBM 7014-T00 Enterprise 19" Rack Enclosure No Keys
$549.95