Add 'nofstab' to the "append=" line in /etc/lilo.conf. You must be root to edit this file. Then save & re-run lilo to implement the changes.
My hard drive installation of Knoppix updates the file /etc/fstab during boot. It also goes through some configuration during boot that I think would be unnecessary for a hard drive installation. Is there a file(s) that I can edit to change this behavior?
Thanks for any advice, jimbo
Add 'nofstab' to the "append=" line in /etc/lilo.conf. You must be root to edit this file. Then save & re-run lilo to implement the changes.
Thanks for your reply. I took a different approach. I added a line to the file, /usr/sbin/rebuildfstab, that reads, "exit 0". This is the first executable line in the file which results in an immediate exit from the script.
Thanks, jimbo

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
G.SKILL Trident Z RGB Series DDR4 RAM (XMP) 32GB (2x16GB) 4000MT/s CL18-22-22-42
$200.00
Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00