Add 'nofstab' to the "append=" line in /etc/lilo.conf. You must be root to edit this file. Then save & re-run lilo to implement the changes.
My hard drive installation of Knoppix updates the file /etc/fstab during boot. It also goes through some configuration during boot that I think would be unnecessary for a hard drive installation. Is there a file(s) that I can edit to change this behavior?
Thanks for any advice, jimbo
Add 'nofstab' to the "append=" line in /etc/lilo.conf. You must be root to edit this file. Then save & re-run lilo to implement the changes.
Thanks for your reply. I took a different approach. I added a line to the file, /usr/sbin/rebuildfstab, that reads, "exit 0". This is the first executable line in the file which results in an immediate exit from the script.
Thanks, jimbo

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00
Serial ATA two-port SATA PCI card (SiI3112 sil3112 chipset)
$18.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
HP controller P3410-69003 NetRAID-1M SCSI 64-bit U160 32MB Cache (PCI)
$359.00
HighPoint RocketStor 6114V 4-Bay USB-C SATA RAID STORAGE ENCLOSURE
$140.00