Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Melinko
    Guest

    Accessing internet, not neighborhood -???

    Howdy! I'm somewhat new to Knoppix, and Linux as a whole. As I explore the OS further, I find myself digging a hole through cement with a shovel. Anyway, I installed the OS to my harddrive, and it boots great. I open Konqueror, and I access the internet no problem, but I'm having trouble setting up the network. How do I change the name of the computer(not user)? (at the bootmenu, computer name is displayed). And how do I assign (or create) a workgroup to browse from/within?

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    2,479
    You could try Kmenu -> Internet -> Linneighborhood. To change hostname edit the file /etc/hostname as root.

Similar Threads

  1. Accessing the rest of the software...?
    By Ander in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-22-2004, 12:27 AM
  2. Accessing the C: drive
    By KillYourRadio in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-11-2004, 03:48 AM
  3. Accessing Windows Files
    By standmatt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-07-2003, 05:10 PM
  4. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Accessing hda6 partition
    By warpedmind in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard picture

Atari 65XE Case, Metal Shielding, and Working Keyboard ONLY, No Motherboard

$50.00



Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On) picture

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)

$300.00



DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive  powers on Unit Only Boo G3D picture

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D

$49.29



Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ picture

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ

$350.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical  - USA Seller picture

ATARI Mouse with Adapter for ST, STE, Mega STE, TT Optical - USA Seller

$29.99



SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2 picture

SDrive Max Floppy Drive Emulator Atari 8-Bit 400/800/XL/XE Firmware 1.5 USB C R2

$70.00



Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working picture

Atari 1200XL Computer Game Console Vintage Console 100% Tested Working

$500.00



UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE picture

UNOCART-2600 SD card Multi Rom Cartridge for ATARI 2600 with CASE

$34.25



Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set picture

Atari 1200xl Original ROM And MMU set

$20.00