-
knoppix as a repair disk: cant find "scan disk"
I'm trying (and failing I might add) to use knoppix as a repair disk. Is there a program on knoppix thats does disk reparation? my problems a corruped hard drive.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: knoppix as a repair disk: cant find "scan disk"

Originally Posted by
briankinder
I'm trying (and failing I might add) to use knoppix as a repair disk. Is there a program on knoppix thats does disk reparation? my problems a corruped hard drive.
No, I don't think you're going to find that Knoppix will do much to repair a corrupt disk. There are partitioning tools, and there is qpart (or gparted, I forget which) that tries to repair a partition table if that is what has been destroyed. But Knoppix is not primarilty a Windows support tool, It's a live Linux CD and an alternative to Windows.
Knoppix can be used to read Windows partitions, including NTFS partitions, and is used by many people to recover files from a Windows system when Windows does the all too frequent little joke that it does of refusing to boot any longer. But if something had corrupted the file system or if you have encrypted directories out on an NTFS partition, I don't think Knoppix/Linux is going to help recover them.
Similar Threads
-
By mystmaiden in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-21-2009, 11:38 PM
-
By fergus in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-09-2008, 05:32 AM
-
By lothario in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-16-2004, 11:00 AM
-
By shoka in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-16-2004, 09:45 AM
-
By Bukowski in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Tektronix Vintage Full-Size QWERTY Keyboard with Numeric Keypad 119-1989-001
$79.99

Vintage IMSAI S-100 Computer CRT System w/ Boards Nonworking Parts/Repair
$2699.00

Vintage Dell Latitude CPi A366XT Win 98SE w/USB Support 256MB 60GB HD FDD Serial
$109.99

Compaq Presario 1640 Laptop HP 2940A Vintage Computer, Power Supply and mouse
$159.95

Vintage IBM Model M Keyboard
$80.00

Vintage Shuttle K48 Small Form Factor Pc FOR PARTS OR REPAIR
$100.00

Lot Vintage 1991 Apple Microsoft Classic Software Disk Manual User Guide 7.0.1 +
$74.95

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Toshiba Satellite Pro 400CDT Vintage Laptop Computer Retro Windows PC Parts Only
$125.00

VINTAGE IBM ThinkPad 570 Type 2644 13" Laptop Intel Pentium READ
$122.18