-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Matabus
Actually, I burned it as an image on Alchol 120%. And the Linux Boot did come up a few times. After positng here I attempted again and again. Finally the Linux In Use Splash came up.
the line that was stuck was accesing cd ....
then my CD ROM started making loud Reading Sound. I left it for a while since my cd rom is kinda old its a 16x read, i figure it would take some time. But it didnt, I restart my comp and attempted to boot again, but failed went straight to my Windows.
I got in one more time and accessed the F2 function, but didnt know what to do, so I restarted.
If you only intermittently get a boot screen, then chances are you have a bad burn. That is, either the ISO was bad, the CD was bad, or both. Try downloading a new ISO, verifying the md5sum, and burning a new CD at slow speed, <8x.

Originally Posted by
Matabus
Is there a way once I get in the boot, to transfer the data somewhere so it reads it there instead of my slow cdrom?
Yes, but that's not going to help if the ISO you downloaded and burned to CD is bad.
Let us know how things go.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Kingston 128GB M.2 SATA III SSD
$13.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

128GB SSD M.2 PCIE NVME Solid State Drive Mix Brand Samsung, WD, SK Hynix Kioxia
$16.59

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$123.90