-
Lost interrupt Error Message
Once I load Knoppix from Cd, i get to the splash screen, it does those checks, and it gets stuck on this message:
Setting paths.....hdc: Lost Interrupt
hdc:cdrom_read_intr: data underrun (4 blocks)
end_request: I/O Error, dev hdc, sector 747280
Buffer I/O Error on device hdc, logical Block 186820
My partitions are as follows:
Windows Primary Fat32 71,000mb
* Extended Primary 4,400
SWAPSPACE2 LOGICAL 400mb
LINUX EXT2 LOGICAL 4,000mb
-
Senior Member
registered user
I/O errors usually happen when the knoppix CD image that was downloaded is corrupt or perhaps it was burned at too fast a burning speed(4x & 8x recommended), or perhaps your CDR media is not good. Check & verify the md5sum of the ISO image. See the http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Downloading_FAQ
You can also try to turn off ACPI with the boot cheat code:
knoppix acpi=off
-
I tried the cheat code and got something along the lines of:
hdc: media error (bad sector)
I burned it as an image at 4x (fastest my burner can go), but I dont know what the MD5 files, or checker is? I dont see it in my iso file.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Similar Threads
-
By rozen in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-13-2006, 07:07 PM
-
By Yakumo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 11
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 10:03 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 10
Last Post: 03-12-2004, 02:13 AM
-
By bureado in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-29-2003, 05:56 AM
-
By boehmb in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-18-2003, 10:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89