Hello everyone,
I have learned a lot from this forum, but one thing still causing me a problem is the printer (Epson Stylus C60 on USB). I've set this up in KDE Print Manager, and done the same via CUPS at localhost:631, it seems to be correctly identified and is listed as "Idle, accepting jobs". However, when printing (via lpr or from an application), all I get is blank pages churning out of the printer. It works fine under Windows 98.
lsusb says:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 04b8:0005 Seiko Epson Corp. Stylus Printer
I am at a loss how to proceed, since I am not getting any error messages, and internet searches suggest this is not a problematic printer. I'm irritated that I managed to get the difficult winmodem working, but the simple printer has me stumped!
Can anyone offer something I may have overlooked? System is Knoppix 3.6 installed to HD, kernel 2.4.27, running KDE and/or Fluxbox.
Thanks,
Andy.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module
$29.25
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
50x RAM Box Tray DDR2 DDR3 DDR4 DDR5 ESD DIMM Memory Shipping Storage Transport
$9.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$30.00
MINT Micron Cisco 32GB PC4-2400T DDR4 2Rx4 RDIMM RAM MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G3 LOT
$159.99
16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980
$39.99
Team Group Team Elite DDR3-1600 DIMM 16GB (2x8GB) 240-Pin Desktop RAM
$35.00