-
Configuration files and command options with Klik
So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik? Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)? What should I do? What about plugins, additional levels to games e.g.? How are these handled in Klik?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Configuration files and command options with Klik

Originally Posted by
jounihat
So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik?
Extract the cmg to a folder, make changes and recompress. Many programs will of course look for a config file in your home directory so you won't evn need to do this.

Originally Posted by
jounihat
Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)?
Run as:
Code:
~/.zAppRun heroes.cmg heroes-sdl -F command
-

Originally Posted by
bfree

Originally Posted by
jounihat
So, what if I want to edit the configuration files of a program compressed with Klik?
Extract the cmg to a folder, make changes and recompress. Many programs will of course look for a config file in your home directory so you won't evn need to do this.

Originally Posted by
jounihat
Or if I want to add options (e.g. to play heroes full-screen with heroes-sdl -F command)?
Run as:
Code:
~/.zAppRun heroes.cmg heroes-sdl -F command
Ok, that's cool. Still couple of questions, though:
1) When I klik additional Heroes sound and music files, the program makes cmg-files of them. How does Heroes work with these packages?
2) I can delete a klik program by deleting the cmg-file, but that doesn't remove the files in /tmp, so the one program, one file doesn't really work here. Shouldn't those files be deleted automatically after the cmg-file is made?
3) What is the current situation of bringing Klik to 64-bit architecture? May I be able to klik 64-bit programs in the near future (within a year or so)?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
jounihat
1) When I klik additional Heroes sound and music files, the program makes cmg-files of them. How does Heroes work with these packages?
It doesn't, as you are being warned these files are not intended to be installed by klik as they don't contain any programs. You could however merge the data from it into you main cmg for heroes if you really wanted.

Originally Posted by
jounihat
2) I can delete a klik program by deleting the cmg-file, but that doesn't remove the files in /tmp, so the one program, one file doesn't really work here. Shouldn't those files be deleted automatically after the cmg-file is made?
Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on how your tmp filesystem works and how you use klik to decide what you really want here.

Originally Posted by
jounihat
3) What is the current situation of bringing Klik to 64-bit architecture? May I be able to klik 64-bit programs in the near future (within a year or so)?
Lack of time/desire/resources means it hasn't happened. I don't see any realy problems other then having to setup the server to understand 64 recipies (but now knowing the exact voodoo used I'm not sure what needs to be done on the server), and of course only Kanotix (afaik) of the supported distributions has a 64 bit version.
Then there's the issue of do you actually want klik on 64bit for 64bit programs or do you want it for 32bit programs as that's another story again. I've run 32bit klik cmgs, on a 64 bit kanotix, using a 32bit kanotix iso as a chroot, but it seems excessively hackish in practice. A better approach for that probably to make a dedicated 32bit chroot image.
Similar Threads
-
By diego-ramirez in forum Klik
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
-
By Model600 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-16-2007, 05:54 PM
-
By DaleEMoore in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-26-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By eentonig in forum Klik
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-07-2005, 11:38 AM
-
By Omak in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-11-2003, 12:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$169.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$368.00

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell R740 Server Diskless Config 2x Silver 4110 &1100W AC P/S 3 Riser No RAM/HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R740 E38S001 Server E38S
$660.00

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99