I need to put a patched madwifi-bsd module onto a knoppix disk. I am currently having some trouble getting onto a remastered disk.
Here is what I have done:
- Followed the remastering how-to up to the point of adding/removing packages
- Added the kernel-source-2.6.11 package
- Unpacked that, copied the config from /usr/src/linux
- Ran make
- unpacked the current madwifi-bsd-cvs driver to /usr/local/src
- patched it with a few changes
- compiled it telling it to use KERNELPATH=/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.11/
- ran make install
- Followed the remastering process from there.
- from there I booted the new iso, and now my atheros card is not even detected
I have successfully used the madwifi-bsd-cvs and the patch on slackware, but would like to add it to a knoppix distro for upcoing testing.
Is there an easier way to compile a new module for Knoppix? Are there additional steps that I should have taken?
Thanks.

Vintage Coach 5209 Brown Leather BusinessTote Laptop Briefcase Y2K Shoulder Bag
$150.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19
Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000
$39.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage
$249.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Vintage Quill 386SX-16 16MHz Desktop Computer 80386SX DOS PC Rare QTEC System
$249.95
Vintage Computer Peripherals Ramsack III Amiga 500 Memory Expansion Board w/ 1mb
$85.00
vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc
$62.99
vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB
$62.99