Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 37

Thread: Knoppix v 3.9

  1. #1
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Knoppix v 3.9

    Knoppix 3.9 is out and available on the BitTorrent Tracker. No details yet. Thanks nvgringo.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    From http://www.knoppix.com/
    Changes vs. 3.8:

    * OpenOffice 2.0 BETA (german and english)
    * KDE 3.4
    * Kernel 2.6.11 update
    * dist-upgrade (all software packages from current Debian/sid)

    This will be probably be the last "single CD" version of KNOPPIX. Starting from Version 4.0 (coming soon), the project will be split into a "Light" CD version, and a "Maxi" DVD release.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    Posts
    118

    Download via edonkey/Gnutella

    Here are the links if you want to download via other p2p networks like edonkey/gnutella etc

    Magnet (Gnutella, Kazaa, Direct Connect, and others)
    magnetxt=urn:sha1:KEUUZN2DTIJH57JW7AM7MNRAQFRZRCLS&xt=ur n:ed2k:bfd7d8770ea71d1f2d9b416e021691b4&xl=7296942 08&dn=KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN.iso

    ED2K (EDonkey, EMule, and others)
    ed2k://|file|KNOPPIX_V3.9-2005-05-27-EN.iso|729694208|bfd7d8770ea71d1f2d9b416e021691b4|[/b]

  4. #4
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Just a quick update on BitTorrent: I got my download in less than 2 hours on a 1.5 DSL line. Previously before BitTorrent I've sometimes taken 8 hours or more to download from a mirror (and then half my mirror downloads had bad md5 checksums) and many times I've started mirror downloads only to bail out of then when the estimated download time was figured in days, not hours. I'm currently seeding; it's not having a noticalbe effect on my surfing at all. (Using Bittorrent 4.0.1, not the newest but working just fine).

  5. #5
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    15
    It looks good I'm installing it now.

  6. #6
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    This will be probably be the last "single CD" version of KNOPPIX. Starting from Version 4.0 (coming soon), the project will be split into a "Light" CD version, and a "Maxi" DVD release.
    I don't have a DVD burner, so I guess this will be my last CD burn that I'll do for a long while.

    What store will give a good deal for a pre-burned DVD?

    Later.

    P.D: ftp://ftp.mirror.ac.uk/sites/ftp.uni...linux/knoppix/ is working good for me.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    3

    YES!! Kismet is working again with Atheros wireless NIC's!

    I am very very happy with the fact that Kismet is working again with Atheros cards on Knoppix 3.9.
    Version 3.6 was de last version this did work, so....

    greetings,

    Haakneus

  8. #8
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Posts
    80
    Quote Originally Posted by OP4Latino
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    This will be probably be the last "single CD" version of KNOPPIX. Starting from Version 4.0 (coming soon), the project will be split into a "Light" CD version, and a "Maxi" DVD release.
    I don't have a DVD burner, so I guess this will be my last CD burn that I'll do for a long while.
    You must not have read thoroughly, there will continue to be a single cd version. You know, for the price of a couple copies bought from a site you could buy a dvd burner. Go to newegg.com and buy a unit for less than $60. The price is so low on burners now that the old argument of not having a dvd burner is really old hat. The rest of what I have to say is better suited for another post so I'll stop here.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    Uhmmmm

    There's a bug in the shapshot version of UnionFS used in knoppix 3.9 that freezes the machine when you try to install a package (kernel panic due to a NULL pointer dereference on dentry_open).
    The other bugs still exists (modification of any file without permission on the first copy-up, etc), so I don't understand why to use a snapshot version of UnionFS.
    An other point is: why to include kde 3.4.0 the same day the 3.4.1 is released?

    kah

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

    Re: Uhmmmm

    Quote Originally Posted by kahuna
    There's a bug in the shapshot version of UnionFS used in knoppix 3.9 that freezes the machine when you try to install a package (kernel panic due to a NULL pointer dereference on dentry_open).
    The other bugs still exists (modification of any file without permission on the first copy-up, etc), so I don't understand why to use a snapshot version of UnionFS.
    An other point is: why to include kde 3.4.0 the same day the 3.4.1 is released?
    Thanks for pointing this out. I thought only I had this problem.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5 picture

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5

$189.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio picture

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio

$34.99



ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II AM4 AMD B550 ATX AMD Motherboard

$90.99



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00