-
Just a suggestion, I have a computer at work that the DVD drive is configured as Master and the CD burner is Slave. Since the computer is shared and not mine I decided not to change anything. However, when I turn my Primary/Master (DVD) drive off in the BIOS the PC will boot from the Secondary/Slave (CD Burner) drive. After my Knoppix CD boots, Knoppix sees both CD and DVD drive (since it does not take the BIOS setting as serious as Windows does). This allows me to use whichever drive I wish using the BIOS setting like a switch. The only problem I have is when I forget to turn both drives back on in the BIOS, the poor Windows users whine because they have one drive that does not get detected.
Similar Threads
-
By iltmpz in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-24-2009, 01:11 PM
-
By jimdeviney in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-05-2009, 04:18 AM
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By login365 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-18-2005, 12:38 AM
-
By Mr. Chopper in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 08:23 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i RAID Controller PCIe Gen 4.1 Tri-Mode NEW 05-50111-01004
$649.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

LSI 9305-16i SATA SAS 12Gbs Controller card PCIe 3.0 IT-Mode w/SAS SATA cable US
$125.98

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99