Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Qtparted and Ntfs

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Qtparted and Ntfs

    I want to create a partition that is fat32 so I can more fully use knoppix. I bought the "knoppix hacks" book and followed the instructions. I defragged. I resized the hard drive partition with qtparted. It showed the right amount of free space, than I put that I wanted to make the new free space fat32 but after a while it errored out saying something about not being able to write to ntfs or something. I have the dvd 4.0 version of knoppix and am not sure of the qtparted version it has.

    I know there is also the ntfsresize utility, but I am a little nervous about doing this. It is hard to cure my GUI addiction, having years of windows pumped into me.

    If anybody knows a way to use qtparted with ntfs, or has more verbose instructions on doing it with ntfsresize than are available in the knoppix hacks book, I would appreciate it.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    6

    Done

    I found the correct option for resizing the ntfs on the qtparted program. I successfully created a 4 gb fat 32 knoppix playground. I feel good.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    16
    any chance you could share the option with the community?

Similar Threads

  1. installing 5.0 on ntfs partition using qtparted?
    By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 10-12-2006, 11:31 PM
  2. qtparted, cfdisk and resizing ntfs
    By rmart0729 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-15-2006, 02:39 PM
  3. captive ntfs - mount ntfs (reade/write) through icon
    By terminator in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-2004, 10:52 PM
  4. Using qtparted to resize a NTFS partition
    By eadz in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 02-22-2004, 11:34 AM
  5. NTFS resize of my only partition safe w/ qtparted?
    By FlorianK in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-24-2003, 02:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$140.00



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R picture

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R

$399.00



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER picture

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER

$1499.97



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD

$349.99