-
Thanks to both Underscore and Markus for their responses. Learned a lot more about Linux and Knoppix - course it turned out that wasn't my problem after all. I was looking in the wrong direction. But now that i've got my feet wet I look foreward to much more use of Knoppix from now on
(I was trying to use Knoppix to run the SETI@home and Einstein@home programs after reading about it on their website. I got it to run on my first try [sheer stupid luck as it turned out] but could not duplicate this success after changing the screen resolution to 1024X768 and rebooting. I assumed that they were using way too much RAM with the bigger [and much more readable] screen. It turns out I didn't understand the directory [folder?] system under Linux as that turned out to be my problem. The RamDisk is dynamic anyway so it shouldn't really take up that much room if not needed. I think.
I have noticed the programs run much slower than they did under Windows XP. That combined with the fact the the same two processes are using considerably less RAM under Knoppix leads me to believe I haven't finished my study of Memory Management under Linux yet..)
Similar Threads
-
By JohnnyH in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-08-2007, 04:01 AM
-
By Steven Hair in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 03:04 PM
-
By maurovik in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-03-2004, 08:22 AM
-
By jazzback in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-01-2004, 12:52 AM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-02-2003, 09:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$119.00

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper SRX320 8-Port Security Services Gateway Appliance w/ AC Adapter
$59.99

Juniper EX2300-C-12P POE+ Switch 12 x 1GbE & 2 SFP+ 10G uplinks
$124.99

Juniper Networks EX2300 (EX2300-48P) 48 Ports Ethernet Switch
$249.99

Juniper EX3400-48T-AFI Ethernet Network Switch 48x1GbE 4x10GbE SFP+ 2x40GbE QSFP
$139.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks EX3300-24T EX Series 24-Port Gigabit 4-Port SFP+ Switch
$79.99