-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Computer hangs on "DHCP Broadcasting for IP"

Originally Posted by
SNES350
I downloaded (an ISO of) Knoppix 3.9 and burned it, but when I booted the PC I wanted it for, it hung at "Network drive eth0 detected, DHCP broadcasting for IP". I left it alone for 20 minutes, and nothing happened. The burned disc worked fine in another PC I tried it in (connected to the same router).
(added after trying something) I got it to boot using the Cheat Code nodhcp at the initial boot: prompt, so I guess that makes this whole post moot.
Not really, you would like it to do dhcp properly and have it get the setup from the router.
Can you do a netcardconfig and get an automatic setup after booting?
If not, can you do a netcardconfig and manually do the setting and have the card work?
About the only case of this I remember seeing reported here was someone who was using a router that has a feature that will only let NICs who's MAC address is in a router table have access. And on top of that, for some reason we never resolved, the MAC address was different under Knoppix!!! So you might check if your router has that feature and disable it if it does, at leat long enough to test. What brand router is it anyway? And you are hardwired to that router, not wireless, right?
Similar Threads
-
By onnrmf in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-18-2009, 02:38 PM
-
By CarbonFX in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-28-2006, 11:49 PM
-
By jimmyjrosu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:26 PM
-
By bladeraptor in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-26-2003, 12:11 PM
-
By henrique in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 04:42 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95

8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50