-
Nothing happens - please help!
Hello!
I'm using Kanotix 2005-03 and tried to klick on a few klik-links.
A window namend "klik" is opened in the taskbar, but i cannot see "what's inside".
After a while this window disappears, and there is no klik-application or cmg file on the desktop.
I'm using a proxy to access the internet.
Could this be the reason?
Please help!
Thanks!
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Nothing happens - please help!

Originally Posted by
justsmile
I'm using a proxy to access the internet.
Could this be the reason?
Probably? Klik needs to download files from the net so if you need to use a proxy you'll have to set it up with the programs klik uses to download things. I'm surprised it just dissappears without a trace though 
In a console try running
Code:
~/.klik klik://xvier
This should let you see a bit better what is happening. I suspect you'll need to add your proxy to .wgetrc though
-
Re: Nothing happens - please help!

Originally Posted by
bfree
In a console try running
Code:
~/.klik klik://xvier
This should let you see a bit better what is happening.
No. Just black. No command line.

Originally Posted by
bfree
I suspect you'll need to add your proxy to .wgetrc though
How can I save the .wgetrc on a read only system (kanotix booting from cd) ?
I also tried using "set" to set environment variables, but this does not help either.
(see http://users.ugent.be/~bpuype/wget/ at bottom for more details)
Any more suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Nothing happens - please help!

Originally Posted by
justsmile

Originally Posted by
bfree
In a console try running
Code:
~/.klik klik://xvier
No. Just black. No command line.
Start a new Konsole and type the above into it. This is the equivalent of clicking on a klik link.

Originally Posted by
justsmile

Originally Posted by
bfree
I suspect you'll need to add your proxy to .wgetrc though
How can I save the .wgetrc on a read only system (kanotix booting from cd) ?
Very easily, you home directory is not read-only, it is stored in ram (or wherever you have set it with the home= cheatcode). And as for your link to the wget for windows page ... look for the wget manual in khelp on your own system instead.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$298.00

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75

Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN
$219.99

📡 Fortinet FortiGate FG-40F Network Security Firewall Appliance No Pwr Adapter
$79.99

NETGEAR ProSafe 8-Port Gigabit VPN Firewall FVS318G NEW IN BOX
$69.99

Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50