Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Some Questions

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    4

    Some Questions

    First off this is my first time trying Knoppix on any machine. I had a dual boot machine a few years ago (desktop) with redhat and 98. I am using a Gateway M275 Tablet Laptop. I downloaded the required files and burned the .iso (ONLY the .iso), the 750mb+ file to a CD. So I have one question right away...Should I have burned ALL of the files that I downloaded onto the CD instead of just the ISO? Second when I reboot with the CD in the drive it trys to boot from it. It loads some stuff then brings me to a promt like A:\ > I am not sure what I should be typing there or even if I should be getting that promt. I am pretty good with computers and stuff so I usually don't get stumped this easy. So just wondering if I should reburn the CD or if I need to enter something at the promt. Thanks

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    Welcome to Knoppix.net.
    Please read this and all the links contained within. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19817 I know for a fact it will help you.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    4
    Ah crap that looks like it should help me out a LOT. Thanks

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Menomonie, WI
    Posts
    4
    Thanks, it booted right up

Similar Threads

  1. I have questions about my USB.
    By Topless Granny in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
  2. A few questions.
    By SNK88 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-03-2005, 08:24 PM
  3. I have some questions
    By ichi in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-17-2004, 11:58 PM
  4. X questions
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 05:54 AM
  5. Several apt-get questions
    By baldyeti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-24-2003, 03:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK picture

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK

$799.00



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On picture

Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On

$450.00



867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001 picture

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001

$245.00



Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM picture

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM

$1499.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$409.99



Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO picture

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO

$308.00



Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W picture

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W

$524.99



Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key& picture

Microsoft Windows Server 2022 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key&

$69.90



Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech picture

Asrock Rack ROMED8-2T Server Motherboard AMD EPYC 7003 (with AMD 3D V-Cache Tech

$747.99