-
How to mount USB stick after HDD install
I have Knoppix installed on HDD. While my USB sticks / Card readers are seen and mounted correctly when booting from CD, I cannot use them with the HDD installation. After attaching them, they appear correctly under /proc/bus/usb/devices. How can I manually create a device node and mount them?
Thanks, Joachim
-
Plug in the drive and do dmesg |grep sda and dmesg |grep uba
It should tell where the drive is attached to, I have it at sda1.
If nothing shows, try sdb and so on.
Next add a line to /etc/fstab for it. This is what I have:
/dev/sda1 /pen vfat noauto,users,exec,noatime,umask=000 0 0
Then make a mountpoint:
mkdir /pen
chgrp users /pen
chown 770 /pen
You can of course name the mountpoint what you want or put it under /mnt/, I just prefer this.
To mount it do mount /pen
Similar Threads
-
By embata_n1 in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-14-2005, 05:23 PM
-
By palutke in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-02-2005, 04:58 PM
-
By leone25s in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 02:56 AM
-
By adriansmith in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 09:01 AM
-
By ray2000 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 06:48 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple Keyboard II Model M0487 & G5431 Mouse UNTESTED AS-IS
$59.99

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Apple Reference & Presentations Library Spring '92 User's Guide Intro CD Vintage
$20.00

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00