-
Help Needed with Open Office 2.0 Beta and corrupted Files
Hello all..
I'm having problems with my odt files becomming corrupted in OO2.0 beta after I save them to my USB drive.
Here's the deal. I'm an adjuct faculty member at Dixie State College and I'm testing out Linux/Open Office to see if it's somthing the school would be intrested in offering a course in. I don't want to install Linux onto a hard drive (as I dont' have admin privilages and it's a hassle to get such things done) so I'm using Knoppix 3.9 Live CD to preform all the work. The disk works great and I've been very happy with the whole experiance until I go to open my saved files.
I'm following the Word book so I have an outline of what I want Open Office to do, so all the files I'm opening are the .doc files that come with the workbook. I open the flies, make my changes I need, then save to .odt format on my USB Flash disk. But when I go to reopen the odt files they are corrupted and freeze up open office. This does not happen with every file, but it does seem to be the majority of them.
Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be causing this? I'm using a P4 1.7 GHZ machine with 256 Meg of Ram. The Flash Drive is a Memorex 256 meg drive and the only things on it are a Knoppix config file, the school work files I"m using, a "findings" write up I'm keeping for each tutorial I work through (those have also become corrupted), and a few issues of Tux Magazine in PDF format.
Any help and ideas would be appricited.
Thanks
barronmore
Similar Threads
-
By mechael in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-29-2007, 11:43 PM
-
By Kaotixx in forum German Forum
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2006, 01:23 PM
-
By scozzese in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
-
By jeff33 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-11-2005, 04:33 PM
-
By haloplayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00

Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00

New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99

NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77

BA96-07387A for Samsung Galaxy Book Flex NP950QCG LCD Screen Complete Assembly
$299.00