Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Which files

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2

    Which files

    I have just downloaded the files for Knoppix, and I want to make sure I do things right before I mess something up. In my little WinRAR window, it has:

    Folder named "boot"
    Folder names "Knoppix"
    autorun.bat
    autorun.ing
    autorun.pif
    cdrom.ico
    index.html


    I downloaded it from Knoppix's site. So, can anyone tell me exactly where I should be extracting these files to (anywhere I'm assuming, and put them on a disc later), and exactly which things need to be burned onto the CD I plan to use.

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    2
    Thanks, I'll be more careful about that.

    And also, sorry, I'll look around.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  5. #5
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Oh, the subject makes sense now, I'll respond.

    If you followed Underscore's link you may have already figured this out, but you don't extract anythng from the ISO with winrar or anything else. If you downloaded from a mirror you first check the download against the matching md5 file (also downloaded from the mirror). If it passes the md5 check, you burn the iso at a slow speed as an image. Exact choices depend on your burning software (make and version), but do not just drag the iso into the file area and do not select any choices with the word bootable in them.

    It's been discussed to death here, if you have more questions you can get answers by searching the forums faster than you can posting and waiting for someone to type the information again.

Similar Threads

  1. Need to put files somewhere
    By Baraboo in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-07-2004, 09:46 PM
  2. iso files
    By pc3 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-27-2004, 01:18 PM
  3. need help with swf files
    By kozo in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2004, 11:38 PM
  4. *.run files
    By Akurei in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-20-2004, 05:48 AM
  5. files
    By jojo in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-29-2004, 12:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor picture

Intel Xeon W-2255 SRGV8 3.7GHz 10-Core LGA2066 Server CPU Processor

$249.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600  Win 10 picture

Dell Precision T1700 Workstation Intel Xeon 16G Ram 256GG SSD Nvidia 600 Win 10

$109.99