Hi,
I have been using knoppix for a few days now and I am still having problems connecting my ADSL connection.
I use a Netcomm 1300 plus 4 modem (includes router). It is connected via ethernet.

In knoppix (the latest version) I run the ADSL/PPPoE config and its detects a connection on eth1. It asks for my username and password and then says type 'pon dsl-provider' to connect. I type 'pon dsl-provider' and it says 'Plugin rp-pppoe loaded' , is this correct?
After doing this the internet is still not connected for some reason as firefox and other internet applications fail to connect.
However I am able to connect to my modem in firefox by typing in 192.168.1.1 , so the modem is being detected ok.

Below is the results of ifconfig and netcardconfig
Code:
knoppix@2[knoppix]$ ifconfig
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:0D:61:3B:76:79
          inet6 addr: fe80::20d:61ff:fe3b:7679/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:12 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:1818 (1.7 KiB)

eth1      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 00:10:5A:E6:C3:72
          inet addr:192.168.1.9  Bcast:255.255.255.255  Mask:255.255.255.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::210:5aff:fee6:c372/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:37 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:40 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
          RX bytes:5420 (5.2 KiB)  TX bytes:5265 (5.1 KiB)
          Interrupt:21 Base address:0xa000

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:16436  Metric:1
          RX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:24 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:1200 (1.1 KiB)  TX bytes:1200 (1.1 KiB)

ppp0      Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
          inet addr:60.240.205.31  P-t-P:202.7.162.87  Mask:255.255.255.255
          UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST  MTU:1492  Metric:1
          RX packets:4 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:3 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
          RX bytes:102 (102.0 b)  TX bytes:54 (54.0 b)
knoppix@2[knoppix]$ netcardconfig
Sending DHCP broadcast from device eth1 OK.
auto lo eth1
any help is apprieciated.