-
Internet seems to work, but browsers hang up
Hi
I've tried using several Knoppix version (namely 3.8.1, 3.8.2 and 3.9) and they all seem to have the same problem.
I can connect to the internet fine (i get my ip and stuff from dhcp) and i can connect to msn/icq via Gaim without trouble.
However, when I type an url in Konqueror (or whatever's the browser name), it hangs up and I have to reboot. Also, whenever I click Firefox, it hangs before a window appears and again I have to reboot.
I think the problem occurs with IRC (xIRC i think) when I try to connect to a server.
The network card seems fine and all since I can get files from shared drives on other computers...
Help...
Similar Threads
-
By zimbodel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-24-2009, 07:04 AM
-
By mcamacho in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2006, 12:02 AM
-
By Dreamofgilgamesh in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-29-2004, 08:15 PM
-
By satimis in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 06-28-2003, 11:35 PM
-
By rickenbacherus in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-10-2003, 03:11 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00

Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99