Quote Originally Posted by OP4Latino
Thanks James. I understand the analogy with the shoes. I'll stick for a little while more with Knoppix and I read more from Distrowatch and I play with Ubunto Live CD (since I already gotta it).

Have a nice July 4th everyone.
OP4Latino, as with many things, Linux not withstanding, it all depends on what you like, and how you like it. Many of the Distros only have differances of how they look and feel, add into that, what packages they come with, and choose to exclude, from an install stand-point.

You have a wonderful July 4th, and good luck with finding what Distro matches with what you want and like

Quote Originally Posted by HLS
(I don't know if that is a slam at XP or Ubuntu, but I find it a bit amusing that Linux is employed to fix Windows). Laughing
Even though this is off-topic from the original poster, it is really a slam against Windows XP - considering having to use another OS to fix some other OS, shows a problem with the broken OS, in the first place. It can represent the better-ness of the OS that can fix a broken OS, or, it can represent just how screwed up the broken OS really is. In either case, a broken OS that can not, or does not, have ways of fixing itself, and requires the use of another (completely different) OS to repair it, shows difficiency and power of that broken OS.

The same holds true, if that broken OS -es only repair option is to completely re-install, re-format, and obliterate any and all of your data, as well. (welcome back to the stone-age of computer technology)

Just my two schillings worth,
Ms. Cuddles