-
Follow: "Knoppix or DEBIAN for HD install"
I read the "Hd Install HowTo" and came out that Knoppix isn't mean to be installed, I tried just for curiosity do a Windows Partition PMI and ineed Knoppix failed to recognized my USB devices and crash in the middle of my experiment. So I'll leave Knoppix to be just a Live Linux CD.
I read "URGENT - Knoppix or DEBIAN ofr HD install ???????" thread http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...er=asc&start=0 and I'm following "Debian CDs" http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=19835 . I have some understanding problems about them.

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
If they want to install Knoppix to the HD (which is really a modified Debian) then skip Knoppix & install Debian 3.1 (released Mon June 6). If they want a pre-configured user-oriented desktop PC, not server, distro based on Debian then use Ubuntu (GNOME desktop) or Kubuntu (KDE desktop) or see RedHat backed Fedora Core 4 (released June 13). If they want a real noob friendly desktop Debian based distro & are willing to pay a small yearly price for support & software updates then they can use Linspire.
I don't get the differences in the distros, James. Can you (or anyone) kindly rephrase that?
"Pre-configured user-oriented desktop PC, not server"?
I already have the ubuntu 5.04 Cds. I have only tried the Live CD and works fine in my computer.
Is any way to know what distro is right for me? I only have one computer right now and I plan to buy a new desktop in the future and maybe a laptop, too. Who knows. So concerting networking, it will stay as home networking, and not as office or big network.
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By ihcnut in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 09:26 PM
-
By gooz in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-23-2004, 09:11 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum Laptops
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2004, 03:27 PM
-
By dgr72371 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-22-2004, 11:52 PM
-
By tux in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-26-2003, 09:06 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95

NEW Cisco Mitel 6930 IP Phone VoIP Business Phone Black Sealed
$89.99

Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99

SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00

Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00

Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28

Yealink T53W Black IP Phone Verizon VoIP LOT OF 4 Business Desk Phone
$150.00

Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07

Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99

Yealink SIP-T46G IP Phone - Used
$33.00