Quote Originally Posted by HLS
After using kxconfig to adjust my Sony LCD monitor to native 1280 X 1024, the display is striking. It really is the kind of decision I like to have to make, trying to decide among three or four choices which one is the best. Xandros 3.0 had become my standard, but Linspire 5.0 caught my attention, then Fedora Core 4.0. The latest Knoppix 4.0 though has taken a big step forward. The only problem I have had so far is the initial installation when the installer just did not want to activate from the Root Shell command. I had to hit Enter about four times after a thirty second wait before the program would initiate. There was no DVD or hard drive activity after about the first five seconds until the last attempt. Everything else went fine. I did have to use Partition Magic to prepare the hard drive. Knoppix did not like the dirty drive and would not format it. I had to format first in FAT32 and then format in ext3 before converting to logical partition. PM kept wanting to add two 101meg partitions at the beginning of the drive, and the path I took was the only way to avoid it. The rest was easy, since Knoppix does not require a swap space or virtual memory with over 512 RAM.
I see you had some issues with the Knoppix HD install. Your opinion does matter and your experience is interesting but this thread is for OP4Latio.
Please create a separate thread for your support requests. http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...?p=74439#74439