-
Toshiba internal modem /lucent modem
I would like to make the internal modem of my laptop (toshiba satelliet 4200) work. I figured out it needs to have the LTMODEM installed.
Nut how to configure this all and how to install it and which file exactly to make it work? There seems to be dozens of version of the ltmodem in the web.
somehow the modem is detected, it is called ttyLT0, but when it comes to dial, nothing happens, the errorlog says modem gives no replay.
any ideas?
-
Senior Member
registered user
I have a toshiba tecra.I don't think the linux modem driver or "module" as it is known ,is installed by default.The presence of the ttyLTO does not mean the modem is detected.
The problem with winmodems is everytime a new linux kernel comes out you will need a new module compiled for that kernel.
So I say if you are not a linux guru who can make modem modules,you might as well not use your laptop modem to connect to the net under knoppix.Or use an external modem.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Have you tried Kanotix?It has a built in driver for lucne/agere modem.
-
Thanks bongski55, I have an old Compaq 1260 that that should work for. Will keep you posted.
By My Hand ~ I Remain,
Captain Cautious
Similar Threads
-
By rrfish72 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-15-2005, 08:35 AM
-
By Mic Q in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-17-2004, 02:17 PM
-
By Ins0mniac in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-15-2004, 04:06 AM
-
By WonderAboutLinux in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 06:42 PM
-
By Bluethunder in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-25-2003, 12:28 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1980s 1990s Lot of 175 Used PC Computer 5.25" Floppy Disks IBM
$175.00

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$228.19

NEW* AMD Athlon 4850e 4GB ATI X1050 Win98 XP DOS Multiboot Retro PC w/ 50 Games
$389.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

Vintage Gray AC Power Cable Cord 3-Prong Plug to 3-Prong 3-Slot Connector
$50.00

Vintage Toshiba Libretto 70CT Mini Notebook with Port Replicator and 32MB Memory
$320.00

Vintage Microsoft Windows & MS-DOS User’s Guide - 1993 - OEM Distribution Copy
$15.50

Vintage Microsoft Office 1.0 Apple Macintosh 1989 Big Box Software Sealed
$399.99

Vintage Compaq Deskpro 286 AT PC Computer Complete w/Drives Powers On
$189.99

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers Huge CRT Lot
$5600.00