-
kde hanging with new user
I've remastered Knoppix 3.9 to use xdm at boot and authenticate users via ldap. User home directories are mounted with autofs over nfs. Everything works fine if I start knoppix with desktop=icewm, but with kde I'm running into problems. When I try and start a program like konsole it will freeze just before the prompt is displayed. I also have the sshd running. When I try and login after konsole is locked, I'm able to put in my username and password, then it hangs. However, if I ssh in before the user logs into xdm, it works fine. Some programs continue to work fine though, like the konqueror browser. Everything works fine if I log in as the knoppix user, which I have given a password.
I'm at a loss. Any ideas? Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By ecop77 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-28-2005, 10:24 PM
-
By mmelzer2004 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2005, 02:28 AM
-
By blue raven in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:44 PM
-
By bobalex in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-30-2004, 12:27 AM
-
By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99