-
creating Live CD from DVD
The latest 6th edition of "Linux for Dummies" contains a bootable DVD with several distribution iso images. It also contains Knoppix 3.6 Live, but not as an iso image that I could copy to a CD.
I have 2 laptops and on one of them, which has a DVD drive, I can boot to Knoppix Live fine from the DVD. But the other laptop has only a CD drive. Is there a way I can create a Live Knopix CD from the files already on the DVD (which also contains Fedora and other files)? Because I do not have broadband internet access I would like to be able to do that if it is possible. Is it?
I'm a Linux newbie to make matters worse!
-
Senior Member
registered user
In theory it should be possible, but it may be out of your current capacity since it might be quite involved & require more experience than you have. The biggest problem is that it would be difficult to help you without us physically having the DVD or us knowing exactly what is on the DVD.
-
Similar Threads
-
By tlahyani in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-25-2006, 12:48 AM
-
By VTevaD in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-21-2006, 12:02 PM
-
By 5734L7H in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 10
Last Post: 08-29-2005, 12:29 AM
-
By jhastings in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-21-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By neil c in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 01:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage IBM XT 5160 PC Computer 640KB RAM with Expansions (Powers On As Is)
$350.00

HP 5060-8359 8K Semiconductor Memory Module 5080-9747 Vintage HP Computer
$157.30

Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00

Vintage Telex 952003-112 Mechanical Terminal Keyboard IBM 3270 Mainframe DB25
$799.00

2 x Vintage IBM Mainframe Computer Card - Circuit Board
$49.99

Vintage 1977 IBM System/360 Punch Card Program Archive SimSci SSI RPG Mainframe
$449.99

LOT of 14 DATA 100 Corporation Mainframe Terminal Boards Memory Backplane Gold
$749.99

Vintage Mainframe Computer Disk Drive Pack Dyson SMD 5 Level Disks
$79.00

Dit-Mco 730 770 Series Main Frame Circuit Analyzer Schematic Presentation Handle
$133.83

VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99