-
Senior Member
registered user
Where to find info on remastring Knoppix with Gnome?
Does any body know where on the net I can find how to remaster Knoppix to add Ganome.? I have added Gnome to knoopix on hard desk and it worked fine, but when I installed in the chroot environment it did not start. I installed GDM plus 207 other packages but could not start Gnome in the chroot evironment.
Edited:
I tried with gnome failsafe option and was able to lget to gnome. It says that there is some thing wrong with my startup scripts. Does any body know what startup scripts I need to modify? I changed kde in /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig to gnome but no change.
Similar Threads
-
By sulement in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 04:39 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
-
By andrei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
-
By Suunsu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

SanDisk Optimus GX 7100 1TB M.2 2280 NVMe PCIe 4.0 x4 SSD Heatsink
$150.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99