-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
knopx4me
I managed to remaster Knoppix with Gnome using your scripts. I just edited 45xsession and knoppix-autocofig to make gnome the default window manager. I managed to get the CD to boot into gnome but when I install it on HD it did not start gnome.
Did you succeed to boot Gnome automatically?
I did a new remastering and replaced KDE with Gnome. Everything went fine but my CD boots only into the text mode. In spite of that I can start Gnome by typing:
Code:
su - knoppix
startx
But Gnome tries to open previous session (/home/knoppix/.metacity/sessions/some_numbers_and.ms) and starts Gnome very slowly because of that (gives error messages in /home/knoppix/.xsession-errors). Why?
How to get Gnome start automatically? I have choosed GDM session-manager and done modifications in 45xsession and in knoppix-autoconfig and I think they are right.
This Gnome version is very attractive and I'm going to maintain this Finnish version in the future if I get those couple of things settled. Suggestions?
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By sulement in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-09-2008, 04:39 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-15-2006, 05:35 PM
-
By andrei in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 02:01 PM
-
By knopx4me in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-07-2005, 04:47 PM
-
By Suunsu in forum The Lounge
Replies: 8
Last Post: 02-09-2003, 06:42 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070
$1469.00

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99

Microsoft Surface Laptop 4 13.5" Touchscreen i7 33GB 1TB SSD Black
$325.00