-
Pen Drive and cameras not seen.
Running Knoppix 3.8.2 installed on hard drive, Pentium 600, 50GB hard drive, networked. Some minor problems (posted elsewhere).
I connected a USB hub (externally powered) and Linux sees it, no problem. If I connect my mouse via it, rather than direct, the mouse works fine. I conclude the hub is OK.
However, I cannot get Linux to work with digital camera, my webcam, or a pen drive when connected via the hub or direct.. All three appear in USB viewer, with their details. I can't copy and paste the detail that shows (USB Viewer won't do that).
I tried for the pen drive "mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/usbdrive" and got the answer "dev/sda1 is not a valid block device."
I don't know the equivalent commands for the webcam or the Pentax EI-200 (which is the same as the HP Photosmart 61
.
What should I be doing to get these three devices to work with Knoppix-on-HD?
PS: I tried to install usbmount via Kpackage, and got the following response (several times):
< export DEBIAN_FRONTEND; apt-get install --yes 'usbmount' ;echo RESULT=$?
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
Since you only requested a single operation it is extremely likely that
the package is simply not installable and a bug report against
that package should be filed.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
usbmount: Depends: udev (>= 0.053-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
RESULT=100
Similar Threads
-
By bagmonkey in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-12-2008, 04:50 AM
-
By PaulKraemer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-08-2006, 04:49 PM
-
By Lintu in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-20-2005, 06:13 PM
-
By mjman in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-25-2004, 09:46 PM
-
By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 19
Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 Server DVD English OS Media Kit RHF0382US
$41.30