-
Howto install kernel after ISO HDD install?
I've installed Knoppix 3.8.1 to HDD from a downloaded ISO. My modem is an unsupported winmodem, so I must install drivers for it. There is no apparently no kernel image on the ISO.
I must have an installed kernel to install drivers for the modem.
So. I have downloaded kernel-source 2.6.11 and installed with Kpackage. Kpackage reports that the install is succesful. When I try to confirm the install with KDE Control Centre, I get the report "the kernel configuration could not be read due to the following error: No hardware architecture was specified! Perhaps the kernel source code is not installed on this system or the path to the kernel source is entered incorrectly."
If I try to install the modem drivers Kpackage reports "missing or unconfigured kernel source tree" etc etc
Can someone help me out with this?
Thanks
Paul
Similar Threads
-
By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 56
Last Post: 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
-
By 3str in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-19-2006, 11:22 AM
-
By Gozar in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-13-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By sivaraj in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-13-2004, 06:15 PM
-
By nishtya in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-18-2004, 10:08 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50

Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00

HYNIX HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK 32GB PC4-2666V 2RX4 RDIMM MEMORY HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$189.99

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

SK Hynix 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-2933Y RDIMM DDR4-23400 ECC Registered Server Memory RAM
$400.00

Lot 43 Mixed Brands Micron MT16KTF1G64HZ-1G6N1 8GB 2Rx8 PC3L-12800S-11-13-F3 RAM
$649.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00