Quote Originally Posted by JoDaY
Hi !

I'd like to know if (and so how) your card SBlive works on knoppix in livecd mode....

I can't make it works with knoppix 3.2 although i've tried knoppix alsa at boot time...

I've so another machine which has a Terratec sound card: i've find its module at ALSA
website (snd_ice1712) but this is the same pbm::>no sound although it was detected

Nb:"modprobe: can't locate module sound-slot-0 insmod
Note:/etc/modules.conf is more recent than /opt/kernel/modules.dep
Aumix: erreur lors de l'ouverture du mixeur in french... knoppix lang=fr at boot time

Ps: I don't know if this topic is in the right place, may the "boss" move it in a better one...

Thanks a lot !

A bientot
Just spent the last day getting this to work. To hear sound from the CD with alsa I had to modprobe the modules for my joystick and then the sound would work. When installed to the HD you must as root /etc/init.d/alsa-autoconfig to make the devices and update the modules and you will have sound then when you re-boot it will be gone so edit the file /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh as root and add the lineaumix -w 60 -v 60 to the bottom of the file to set the volume levels and it should work next time you boot. This in addition to the steps above definitely make sure you disable the settings in the BIOS for any on board sound it will work sometimes with them enabled but cause all kinds trouble later as I have figured out the hard way.