-
?? On Results of a HD Install
I have two hard drives - plan is to leave Windows XP on the 80GB and install Knoppix on the 4GB second hard drive.
Given that I follow the instrutions well in "Hd Install How To", and all goes OK, will I end up with the following ?
1. A Dual Boot Box with Windows XP and Knoppix - the dual boot manager will most likely be LILO or Grub ?
2. When in Knoppix mode I will NOT be able to write to Windows hard drive, however I will be able to read from that drive ?
3. When running Knoppix, I will be able to read and write to the Knoppix drive. ?
4. When runnig Window XP I will be able to read and write to both drives. ?
During the installation process - when and how is the choice between 'Type of Installation' made ? As I plan to use Knoppix as a learning curve: Down the line I plan to get Debian along with a larger second drive. Thus, choosing the 'Debian Type' should inhance the learning process.
Thank You
Larry
Similar Threads
-
By Translash in forum Networking
Replies: 5
Last Post: 01-04-2007, 01:36 PM
-
By edpi in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-10-2004, 02:32 AM
-
By ephrem in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-27-2003, 10:23 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Set of 2 HMAA4GR7CJR8N-XN HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MEMORY
$600.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

SAMSUNG M393A2K43CB2-CTD8Y 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V ECC REG Server Memory RAM
$160.00

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

LOT OF 100 MTA18ASF2G72XF1Z-2G9 Micron 16GB DDR4-2933MHz ECC 1Rx4 NVDIMM Memory
$9900.00

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50