-
I went through similar grief with my soundcard, which now works fine following a "kludge" with alsaconf. I was getting error messages identical to yours.
The biggest problem was the effect of aRts... on the whole setup. I get lots of error messages from it, but can't uninstall it. If I try to remove it, Kpackage lists every bit of software on the machine and says it will uninstall all of that if I remove aRts... It's still there, but the kludge gets round it From what I've read elsewhere, the Knoppix sound problem is very machine and soundcard specific: my P600 and Creative SB16 can be got to work with Knoppix 3.8.2.
Similar Threads
-
By carlo67 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2007, 10:00 AM
-
By Israel in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-10-2006, 06:14 AM
-
By Tetsuro in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 08:07 PM
-
By Accumet8000 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 01:41 AM
-
By DimGR in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-22-2004, 06:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Military Aerospace Double-Sided Logic Board Gold Ceramic ICs Hybrids
$89.95

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED
$500.00

Vintage Military Aerospace FLAP CONTROL Circuit Board Hybrid Modules Gold ICs
$224.95

Vintage Apple Comp Rainbow Black Canvas Leather Laptop Briefcase Messenger Bag
$49.00

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95

Eclazul Halloween Vintage Stickers Bulk - 50 Pcs 2.0-3.5 inches, Multicolor
$14.52

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37

Vintage HP DVD Writer dvd210i Internal IDE Drive Q2116A BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED
$58.85