-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.7 Installed to HD; HOWTO Upgrade to Knoppix 3.9?
A while back I installed Knoppix 3.7 on my hard-drive. Since then I've trimmed down what was installed and I've been doing apt-get update/upgrade. When I boot it still says Knoppix 3.7 for the splash screen. I have the Knoppix 3.9 Live-CD. I wonder where I am with having done the apt-get update/upgrades for a while versus the Knoppix 3.9 Live-CD. Am I close to having an equivalent to Knoppix 3.9 Live-CD on my hard-drive now? If so, then how might I take the last step to get the Knoppix 3.9 spash screen onto my hard-drive (for asthetic reasons) or how might I use the Knoppix Live-CD to update my system without completely wiping out my hard-drive (I want to save /home at least and a few scattered files)?
--Joel
Similar Threads
-
By firnsy in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 56
Last Post: 09-11-2009, 01:52 PM
-
By param85047 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-03-2006, 03:31 PM
-
By Kakarott2003 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-12-2005, 06:48 PM
-
By waellinux in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-27-2005, 06:34 AM
-
By Hydralisk in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 44
Last Post: 06-01-2005, 05:47 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$52.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Netac 1TB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s MAC/PC
$109.99

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99