I am unable to get a DHCP address with KWifi (although it says I'm connected).
Here's what I've got:
Proxim Orinoco b/g (atheros chipset) How can I set it to automatically choose DHCP when I connect?
Thanx
I am unable to get a DHCP address with KWifi (although it says I'm connected).
Here's what I've got:
Proxim Orinoco b/g (atheros chipset) How can I set it to automatically choose DHCP when I connect?
Thanx
Unfortunately, in this stage of Linux's maturing process, it's still pretty much mandatory that you use the command line or shell scripts to change your wireless interfaces' settings.
If you wish to connect to a specific network, use this command:
iwconfig <interface> essid <SSID> commit
If you wish to connect to a WEP encrypted network, use this command:
iwconfig <interface> essid <SSID> enc <key> commit
lastly, once you have made these changes, run one of these commands:
dhclient
pump -i <interface>
If you have more questions, post back.
dhclient = "comand not found"
I've tried the iwconfig as well, it does the same thing as Kwifi manager. KWifi manager is just pretty much a GUI for iwconfig. pump -i ath0 seems to work though, thank you!

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.50
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
*LOT OF 4* 32GB SK Hynix HMA84GR7MFR4N-TF DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM PC4-17000 2Rx4
$674.99
SK Hynix 32GB Server Memory 2Rx4 PC4-2400T-R81-11 HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH Server RAM
$169.99
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$378.00
LOT OF 3 Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA DDR4 ECC Server Memory
$255.00