-
Junior Member
registered user
Network setting during install - newbie
Hi... I used Knoppix and decided to install it no my old Presario laptop to learn. I was able to install it fine but I cant connect to my network. If I run Knoppix of the CD I can do it just fine. So I'm probably setting up the network settings wrong during install. My laptop has a Linksys USB ethernet and a Lucent Wireless Orinoco Silver card.
What should the settings be? These are the ones I entered:
* Start a mail server (smail) at boot? (No)
* Start sshd at boot? (No)
* Start Samba at boot? (No)
* Start kdm at boot? (No)
Then I was asked for a host name and to select the network device. I had two options for the device: (eth0 and eth1) so I typed enter on eth0 and I said Yes to DHCP.
<update> I reinstalled Knoppix on the HD, but this time I chose eth1 and saidl Yes to DHCP. Still can't connect to the net... why does it work from the CD but not from the HD? </update>
What am I missing? Thanks !!!
Similar Threads
-
By woshme in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-26-2005, 04:53 PM
-
By Luke Riches in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-20-2004, 06:39 PM
-
By devilotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-19-2004, 06:25 PM
-
By lionSOB in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-29-2004, 07:52 PM
-
By snmacd in forum Networking
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-10-2004, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$248.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R730 Server 2x Xeon E5-2630 V4 64GB DDR4 2TB HDD Rackmount
$489.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00