-
How to get firefox listed on the menu
Hi,
I have installed knoppix 3.6 to the HDD. I downloaded and installed friefox which installed it by default to my /home/<user> directory. But firefox doesn't show up in the K menu under the submenu Internet.
How do I get it included?
Thanks
-
You should use the debian way of installing apps whenever possible. In a nutshell you do:
su
dselect update
apt-get install mozilla-firefox
Have a look at http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/ap.../index.en.html
If you really want to install manually you can use the menu editor to add a link.
-
Thanks. I had tried apt-get previously but I had tried to install "firefox" instead of "mozilla-firefox" so it didn't find anything to install and i thought there was no firefox on the apt repositories. Now I have been able to install it successsfully and get it listed on the menu automatically too. I absolutely love apt
.
Thanks for the help.
See you.
-
No problem. Next time try: apt-cache search firefox
Similar Threads
-
By mikeis2cool in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 10-22-2006, 12:12 PM
-
By eville84 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-05-2006, 06:34 AM
-
By BaltikaTroika in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 02:33 AM
-
By lark in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-28-2004, 01:55 PM
-
By archish in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-23-2003, 12:02 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

20TB 7200 RPM SATA III Internal 3.5" White Label Hard drive
$349.99

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$58.00

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99