-
Hard Drive Not Detected
Hi,
I am new here, having some mad troubles with my computer.
It gives me the "Pri Master HDD Error" message upon startup, so I cannot do anything with the hard drive, cannot boot up at all, can't even re install windows. The BIOS detects it as a 40gb hd, when it is a 30gb hd. But the key is, the BIOS detects something, so I know its somewhat still alive. I can hear it running as well, so its not dead just yet.
I booted up Knoppix 3.9, and it does not recognized the hard drive. I set it as my slave, and booted up fine on a primary that I just bought, it detects the primary and shows hd1 on the desktop, but nothing else. I tried unplugging, and plugging it in as a primary, but then Knoppix does not detect any hard drives at all. Is there any hope for me to still access my files, or is my hd dead? Please, I really do need these files. Willing to try just about anything at this point.
Thanks,
Avi D
Similar Threads
-
By Shadowed State of Mind in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 10
Last Post: 07-26-2009, 04:30 AM
-
By husalah5150 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-22-2005, 05:06 PM
-
By AviD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 02:32 PM
-
By StevoB in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-04-2005, 12:05 PM
-
By tristan in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:52 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

16GB SK HYNIX HMAA2GU6CJR8N-XN PC4-3200AA-UA3-13 DIMM DESKTOP TESTED LOT OF 3
$209.00

Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$289.80