dmesg maybe?
try:
dmesg > dmesg.txt
and then view the file.
Hey All
Is there a way to find out which cheat codes I used when I Live booted ?
My Uptime is 13 days , and I can't Quite Remember that long LOL
The Clock was running 3 to 4 times faster that it should , I rebooted a few times with different codes , and when it was working right , I launched Stanford's Folding @ Home and Let her rip ......
Thanks
Larry
dmesg maybe?
try:
dmesg > dmesg.txt
and then view the file.
That gives me a Long Thingy about USB ..... Starts at address 30 , about every 4th one has:
and ends with address 99 ... but No Boot codes.Code:usb 2-2.2.1: new full speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 34 input: USB HID v1.10 Keyboard [Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.1 input: USB HID v1.10 Device [Mitsumi Electric Apple Extended USB Keyboard] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.1 usb 2-2.2.2: new low speed USB device using ohci_hcd and address 35 input: USB HID v1.10 Mouse [Logitech USB Trackball] on usb-0000:00:13.0-2.2.2
It was Two of these: noapic noagp noapm , and I think the first two , I'll have to do Trial and error again.
It's a new MSI RS480M2-IL MoBo with an AMD 64 3200+ 939 socket , Dual channel ram ( 2 X 512 MB ) , and Does Folding just Fine !
I'm using the on board Video , running live from an old 48X CD Rom. I have a 4.2 GB HDD I'm going to try to install to , but that's for another day
( I did get Knoppix installed on my Celeron D w/ a 6 GB HD drive tho ! )
When I Do a lspci , I get
That's a whole lotta " Unknown device "Code:0000:00:00.0 Host bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5950 0000:00:01.0 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5a3f 0000:00:11.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 437a 0000:00:12.0 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4379 0000:00:13.0 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4374 0000:00:13.1 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4375 0000:00:13.2 USB Controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4373 0000:00:14.0 SMBus: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4372 (rev 04) 0000:00:14.1 IDE interface: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4376 0000:00:14.3 ISA bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4377 0000:00:14.4 PCI bridge: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4371 0000:00:14.5 Multimedia audio controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 4370 0000:00:18.0 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge 0000:00:18.1 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge 0000:00:18.2 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge 0000:00:18.3 Host bridge: Advanced Micro Devices [AMD] K8 NorthBridge 0000:01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc: Unknown device 5954 0000:02:03.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL-8139/8139C/8139C+ (rev 10) 0000:02:04.0 FireWire (IEEE 1394): VIA Technologies, Inc. IEEE 1394 Host Controller (rev 80)
But it runs !
Would I be better off deactivating what I'm not going to use in the BIOS , sound , serial , parallel ,PS2 , firewire ... or just leave it Default ?
Thanks
Larry
( Can you tell I'm a Linux Noobee ? )
It must be some where because when you run install-knoppix it looks it up to add it to Lilo.conf
(You could do most of an install, then before it really starts open a console and
see what the lilo.conf file has listed [it does add two or three to the list though])
dmesg | less
works well with the Celeron D which is installed to HDD ..... part of the printout is:
Tomorrow I'll try and install to HDD on the AMD 64 ..... Wish Me LuckCode:Linux version 2.6.11 (root@Knoppix) (gcc-Version 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-8)) #8 SMP Sun Mar 20 21:09:51 CET 2005 <Snip> Kernel command line: auto BOOT_IMAGE=Linux ro root=301 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off nomce quiet nofirewire nopcmcia <snip>
Larry
will show you the kernel boot invocationCode:# cat /proc/cmdline
That Worked ! Thank You ! I used:
cat /proc/cmdline > ~/CMDLN.txt
LarryCode:ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init lang=us apm=power-off vga=791 initrd=minirt.gz nomce quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix BOOT_IMAGE=linux noapm noapic nosgp

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99