-
NOT BOOTING
When I fix the bios to boot on CD ROM, I have the Knoppix CD in. I see the lights on the CDROM that means its reading it, but then after a while it just goes back to my windows boot page.
My Goal:
To run linux with Windows Xp.
Currently all space is allocated to Windows. I have partition magic so I can install linux. I have not partition the drive yet, but wanted to make sure the boot cd worked before i did.
I have 80gig harddrive. I want to try out linux, but I will mostly use windows. My idea of partition will be:
Primary Windows 75gigs
Linux 4gigs
Swap 400mb.
I am a total Linux Newbie so be easy on me
Similar Threads
-
By jtsymbo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-23-2006, 01:08 AM
-
By mortfrog in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

Atari 400 800 The Communicator II Kit CIB CX488 Modem Cartridge Box
$80.00

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99