-
boot from a copy of knoppix cd located on hd without cd/flo
Hallo evryone,
I'm searching for a manual which gives me help for the following problem:
I want to boot a remasterd knoppix vom harddisk. The special thing is, that I copied the CD to hd and now want to boot without any help of a boot-medium such as boot-cd or floppy.
I know there is a solution for my problem but I can't find it in any forum and on any website.
I' m so sorry that my english isn't perfect. I'm a linux beginner, so please note this for your suggestions and explainings.
Thanks a lot
sammy
-
Senior Member
registered user
Which remastered version of Knoppix? Not all of them support booting from an ISO copied to hard disk.
But, if it does, you'll have to install a bootloader like GRUB, copy the kernel and miniroot from the Knoppix CD to your hard disk, and set up GRUB to use them, and use the "fromhd=" and "bootfrom=" cheatcodes in the "kernel" line. (This is all easier than it sounds.)
See the Documentation (link above) and read the sections on "poor man's installation" for more info.
Similar Threads
-
By yaleyu in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-03-2005, 03:27 PM
-
By unisis in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 01:45 PM
-
By ahfoo in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 03:05 PM
-
By ktheking in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-25-2003, 01:25 AM
-
By axeff in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-04-2003, 08:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

Dell 16GB PC4-21300 (DDR4-2666) Memory (SNPPWR5TC16G)
$89.99

24x Micron MT40A512M16LY-062E IT:E 8Gb DDR4-3200 96-FBGA Memory IC
$349.99

M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$550.00

Transcend 96GB (6x16GB) 2Rx8 PC4-2666V DDR4 ECC UDIMM Server RAM TS2GLH72V6B
$299.00

HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK HYNIX 32GB (1X32GB) 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 MEMORY
$219.00

Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98

Samsung Planet First 8GB 2Rx4 PC3-10600R
$341.00