Been there, done that, got the t-shit. DSL is one that comes to mind, but there are many others. See the link to other live CDs here.
Just a suggestion - I'd love to see a scaled-down version of Knoppix as a Windoze-rescue mechanism - without all of the open-office and similar whiz-bang stuff that makes it great for people who know and love linux - Just the core OS, a way to move files around, probably a basic text editor and core internet/networking items. Make it something a little less "Scary"for untechie spoonfeds to burn onto a CD,
OK, I admit. I saw, .iso? .md5? .PGP? and screamed, nearly fainted. See? spoonfed.
... you could even make a buck or two at it. I'd have gladly paid for an easy fix to this mess. Perhaps you could donate it to a scholarship fund to educate ex-windows users? :P
Again, just a thought. Don't know how feasible it would be from a techie standpoint and all.
Been there, done that, got the t-shit. DSL is one that comes to mind, but there are many others. See the link to other live CDs here.
You mean there's others - other than knoppix?
:::faints:::
oh.
I had no idea that such wonders exist. I got here by recommendation of a dude on the microsoft forumsironic, ain't it?

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
P43330-0A1 HPE 32GB 2RX8 PC5-4800B DDR5 SERVER RAM P43328-B21 / HMCG88MEBRA107N
$1100.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$459.00
2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder
$3.99
USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
NMA1XXD128GPS Intel Optane 1X128GB DDR4 PC4-21300 DCPMM Persistent Server Memory
$75.00
64MB (2 x 32MB) 72 Pin EDO Memory SIMM 5V Non Parity 60ns
$19.44
Samsung 96GB LPCAMM2 PC5 9600 FE1 E1 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K6LC3CL1-CCV DDR5 Memory
$2150.00
2 Pack USB C SD TF Card Reader Adapter Zinc Alloy USB-C to USB for iPhone 15-17
$3.35
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99