Been there, done that, got the t-shit. DSL is one that comes to mind, but there are many others. See the link to other live CDs here.
Just a suggestion - I'd love to see a scaled-down version of Knoppix as a Windoze-rescue mechanism - without all of the open-office and similar whiz-bang stuff that makes it great for people who know and love linux - Just the core OS, a way to move files around, probably a basic text editor and core internet/networking items. Make it something a little less "Scary"for untechie spoonfeds to burn onto a CD,
OK, I admit. I saw, .iso? .md5? .PGP? and screamed, nearly fainted. See? spoonfed.
... you could even make a buck or two at it. I'd have gladly paid for an easy fix to this mess. Perhaps you could donate it to a scholarship fund to educate ex-windows users? :P
Again, just a thought. Don't know how feasible it would be from a techie standpoint and all.
Been there, done that, got the t-shit. DSL is one that comes to mind, but there are many others. See the link to other live CDs here.
You mean there's others - other than knoppix?
:::faints:::
oh.
I had no idea that such wonders exist. I got here by recommendation of a dude on the microsoft forumsironic, ain't it?

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
M321R4GA0BB0-CQK Samsung 32GB PC5-38400 DDR5-4800MHz Registered ECC CL40 RDIMM
$949.00
Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00
Memory Card Reader Mini 26-IN-1 USB 2.0 High Speed For CF xD SD MS SDHC
$4.95
Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1GB 2GB 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick
$218.79