-
I haven't used qtparted to resize ntfs but have read several posts about how it completely borked the partition. I don't think they all made up the stories. The warning on the qtparted homepage is perhaps a standard disclaimer, but IMHO a needed one. No matter what software you use to resize a partition, you should do a prior backup.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
UnderScore
Whenever NTFS resizing is mentioned & since I don't know the skill level of people reading my words, I tend to follow through with a warning.
Use this at your own risk. There is ALWAYS some risk of losing data. Please ALWAYS make sure that you have a working backup of your important data prior to experimenting with ANY new software, no matter if is Windows, Linux, Mac OS or anything else.
Ah, good idea and nice warning. That should be on the wiki page for easy reference. Or maybe it is, and I missed it.
I guess I'm blessed in that my Windows machines are only for experimenting while my work-horse machines are either Linux or Mac OS X. So I tend not to think twice about resizing NTFS partitions. But maybe I should when I reply to queries.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
rwcitek
Ah, good idea and nice warning. That should be on the wiki page for easy reference. Or maybe it is, and I missed it.
Its now in the wiki at the HD install howto.
Similar Threads
-
By rowck001 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-14-2005, 02:14 PM
-
By gabriele in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 24
Last Post: 07-27-2005, 11:31 PM
-
By Mustang64 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 06-23-2004, 04:53 AM
-
By keava in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-20-2003, 05:24 PM
-
By Guest in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 11-23-2002, 08:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$49.99

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC VxRail E560F 10-SFF 2*Gold 6230R 2.1GHz No RAM HBA330 iDrac Ent Server
$349.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99