I am unable to get a DHCP address with KWifi (although it says I'm connected).
Here's what I've got:
Proxim Orinoco b/g (atheros chipset) How can I set it to automatically choose DHCP when I connect?
Thanx
I am unable to get a DHCP address with KWifi (although it says I'm connected).
Here's what I've got:
Proxim Orinoco b/g (atheros chipset) How can I set it to automatically choose DHCP when I connect?
Thanx
Unfortunately, in this stage of Linux's maturing process, it's still pretty much mandatory that you use the command line or shell scripts to change your wireless interfaces' settings.
If you wish to connect to a specific network, use this command:
iwconfig <interface> essid <SSID> commit
If you wish to connect to a WEP encrypted network, use this command:
iwconfig <interface> essid <SSID> enc <key> commit
lastly, once you have made these changes, run one of these commands:
dhclient
pump -i <interface>
If you have more questions, post back.
dhclient = "comand not found"
I've tried the iwconfig as well, it does the same thing as Kwifi manager. KWifi manager is just pretty much a GUI for iwconfig. pump -i ath0 seems to work though, thank you!

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream GXW4224 24-Line FXS Analog VoIP Gateway, Ethernet RJ-45 Black
$165.00
Lot of 4 USED IPitomy IP620-B with IPX-32 DSS Expansion Module VoIP Phone POE
$225.00
Lot of 9 Used IPitomy IP320-P HD POE Voice Speakerphone 12-Line VoIP Phone
$225.00
Yealink SIP-T33G IP Phone 4-LineSpeakerphone VoIP Desk Phone Black w/ Power Sply
$25.00
Grandstream HT701 1-Port FXS Analog Telephone Adapter ATA VoIP Gateway -Free S/H
$19.99
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
Set of 5 USED IPitomy IP620-B HD VoIP 6-Line IP Phone Speakerphone Ethernet POE
$149.00
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$400.00