Create a duplicate setup and try it out. There's no other way to know for sure.Originally Posted by joselso
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
This question is being posted as a preventive measure, before encountering trouble:
I have a UPS, constantly monitored using a 9-pin serial port connected to my computer serial COM3 port.
When booting Windows NT or 2000 or XP, a special /NoSerialMice switch in C:\boot.ini file prevents the booting operating system from trying to detect serial mice possibly connected to any COM ports, because such detection sends a DTR command to the serial port and may cause UPS premature Shutdown.
I intend to boot knoppix cd, but I have to be sure beforehand that the booting knoppix operating system will not try to detect serial mice and will not cause UPS premature Shutdown.
What preventive measures should I take?
Is there any "switch" or command available during booting in any version of knoppix cd, that will do the equivalent of the /NoSerialMice switch? Or does knoppix try to detect all hardware immediately as soon as the computer is started?
If so I may have to disconnect the UPS before booting knoppix, and then reconnect it, which is a very unwelcome recurring procedure.
Note that I use a ps/2 mouse.
Please advise.
Create a duplicate setup and try it out. There's no other way to know for sure.Originally Posted by joselso
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25
TP-Link TL-SX105 10GB 5-Port Switch - Unopened
$195.00
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$44.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, AUMOX PRO Home 5|5*1G Port, Black
$8.95
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99