I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hallo,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 onto my HDD and now have changed
the Graphics card, Firewire card etc. The boot is automatically loading
Hardware profile from etc/modules and still assuming my old Graphics card.
And finally I dont get any Desktop but only a shell/command prompt.
Can someone tell me how I can force my HDD install to rescan my Hardware
once and everytime ?
Thanks and Regards
Bala
I have the same problem.... but I uninstall the video card.... if someone give you the solution please send it to me
Hi, I just posted this same reply to a similar question dated August 3 --
*** Boot Knoppix from CD, and copy the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 that it creates, to your HD. Worked for me. ***
This doesn't answer your exact question, but will get your X server running.
cheers

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
G-Technology G-SPEED Shuttle XL 8-Bay Thunderbolt 3 RAID ENCLOSURE ONLY
$550.00
OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
DELL LSI 9460-16i 12Gb/s PCie x8 3.0 SATA/SAS Raid Controller Card - 042PDX
$199.00
1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99
Promise Technology Pegasus2 R4 4Bay Thunderbolt 2 RAID Storage Array 8TB G2U
$169.99